TAKING ENROLMENTS FOR 2021 NOW
Students will learn the techniques of throwing clay on the wheel as well as basic sculpting skills. This will include throwing functional and decorative forms from plates to vases and everything between. You will learn how to make lids, handles and multiples of a single shape, also a broad range of decorating and glazing techniques. (Full curriculum supplied on request at https://windmillpottery.com.au/pages/contact-us)
- One 2 hour class + 1 hour practice wheel time after class per week.
- All materials and firing for pieces produced within the 3 hours above.
- BONUS: Outside class hours during the course period (12 weeks), students are welcome to come and practice at the pottery at no extra charge, but will be required to buy their own clay and pay for bisque and glaze firing of the extra ware at half our retail rates.
- HUGE EXTRA BONUS: Early Bird bookings (Before 1st January 2021) One year's Free Membership to Friends of Windmill Pottery (FWP) based at the pottery. Being a FWP Member gives you discounted rates on all firing, clay and glazing materials, as well as access to all the facilities of the pottery at no charge. In effect, you get the studio you always wanted without owning a studio.
No experience required:
The course is suitable for both beginners and experienced potters and is carefully structured so beginners will have a planned program while those with more experience will have the opportunity to extend their skills. Discuss this option with the head instructor, Paul Holland. We can tailor our course to suit your needs.
Small class numbers: Classes are limited to 5 people
BOOK DIRECT ON 07 3206 2777 AND GET A 10% DISCOUNT
- Beginners are as eligible to enroll as experienced potters
- Windmill Pottery glazes are available for use at no cost to students.
- While beginning potters learn to master the techniques for producing ceramics, more experienced potters will be encouraged to develop their own creative perspectives and personal styles.
- Course Fee is $1,320 non-refundable per semester.
- Children under the age of 13 must be assessed before acceptance for enrolment.